Monday, April 23, 2007

Changing every day!

While hurrying to get ready to leave the house the other morning, I put Liam on the floor next to my closet while I searched for sandals. Why can't I remember where I put my sandals at the end of the summer last year? Am I still suffering from pregnancy memory loss?


Anyway, I laid him down on the carpet and he loved it! I realize it's crazy that almost four months have passed and the kid has never laid on the carpet, but he seemed to love the new view. Here he is staring at the ceiling, kicking and talking, which is his new favorite past-time. Who would have thought he'd like to talk, with quiet parents like Mark and I?


Here is another shot of Liam with my new favorite baby clothing item, Baby Legs. Thanks to Sarah V. for introducing me to these great leg coverings for babes! As the packaging says, they really do make diaper changing a breeze. At first Mark was a little hesitant to put his young strapping son in a pair of "legwarmers", but he quickly warmed to them himself when there were no snaps to contend with. I've got three pair and counting...

As evidenced by the large amount of drool on his chest, we believe that the little guy may have started teething. "What?" you say, "a four month old, teething?". Our doc said it wouldn't happen, but he's drooling like crazy (Liam, not the doctor) and is constantly gnawing on his hands or anything else he can get in his mouth. I actually got the teething ring out the other day and he chewed happily on it for many minutes. It's so cool to see how much he is changing. Being a mommy is absolutely amazing.


3 comments:

Julie P. said...

Liam looks sooo different from when we saw you guys last month!

Pablo had the same striped pants and Peter said he looked like a prisoner, hee hee. Love the legwarmers :)

sarah v said...

that is when henry's drool faucet turned on too! i suggest investing in lots of cute heavy duty bibs. it cuts down on the wet shirt changes! it is totally feasible that he is teething. henry had 2 teeth by five months and around 4 months was when the mad chewing and drooling began. liam will be feasting on steak before you know it! he looks so cute in his babylegs! i'm glad mark came around...miss you guys!

Katie and Luca said...

Hi Lizzie....
Liam is getting so big and he is so damn darling!
Luca got his first at 4 months and I got mine at 3 months...so it does happen!
Love you and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!