Wednesday, April 25, 2007

On Baby Yoga

Every Wednesday, Liam and I attend a mama and baby yoga class at Baby Moon, a birth/motherhood resource center here in town. I look forward to it each and every week, and I beginning to believe that Liam does, too. I have no photos or other visual aids to assist in my blog about Baby Yoga, but I must say something about support. Having the support, knowledge, and community of these women and babies has made all the difference in my post-partum estrogen roller coaster. Of course, it's a bit difficult to get in any actual yoga, but we moms get a little stretching and relaxation in; and the babies get some, too! Today at the end of class I sat while nursing Liam and looked over the 12+ moms and babies, laying and playing together, and I felt a surge of emotion for these women, these babies, and the jobs we do mothering them. It's certainly a blessing. I encourage any of you that have resources like this to seek them out. You never know where you'll make new friends (adults or babies!)

1 comment:

Julie P. said...

I agree Liz! Pablo and I don't do yoga but we have play groups and I really appreciate the mama camaraderie - or "mamaraderie" as I like to call it :) You should post a link to that article you sent us a couple weeks ago.