Monday, January 05, 2009

Catching Up

We had a nice time celebrating Liam's 2nd birthday over the weekend. Here he is yesterday morning, blowing out the candle on his "blue and white" pancake, made by Daddy (blue and white = blueberries and white chocolate chips= go cats!):



And here he is attempting to cut his birthday cake (new favorite phrase...Me do it!!) with a little help from Mommy. Mark and I made him a football cake but forgot to take a good picture of it. You can kind of see it here:



And eating the cake...



Sports themed cookies handmade by Micajah (thank you!)...you can see Liam's little hand grabbing for the cookie as I took the picture.



I haven't posted anything from Christmas, so here are a few of Liam opening presents. The unfortunate side effect of Liam having a birthday so close to Christmas is that he thinks everyday will hold presents, cookies, and cake.

Here he is with his first Mr. Potato Head:

Opening a book from Mommy:

After figuring out how to take pictures with the camera, here is Liam's artistic debut:



And not to forget our darling Grady, who didn't get too in to Christmas this year, but is a joy and a blessing. He's such a good baby! And now he's smiling and cooing, mostly at Liam. It's precious. We go to the doctor today for 2 month and 2 year checkups, so I'll report how large Grady is in the next day or two.




Oh, and Happy Birthday to me! Mark left me a gift on the kitchen table and expects me to wait all day to open it. How cruel! :)

3 comments:

Julie P. said...

happy birthday liam! and happy birthday liz!

aunt allie said...

Happy Birthday to two of my favorites!!

Katie and Luca said...

Happy Birthday Lizzie and Liam! Love and miss you guys! Liz....I'll be calling you this weekend, love. I'm ready to plan :)