Thursday, November 06, 2008

Trinity vs St X

Posted by Mark.
The all-male Catholic school my dad, my uncle, and I attended, and at which I now teach, is named Trinity. You know, Father, Son, Holy Spirit. Anyway, every year we play our rival all-male Catholic school name St Xavier.

We've won 18 state titles and they've won 11.

38,800 people attended the game this year in the beginning of October. It was held at U of L's stadium and might outdraw some of their home games (oh, the tradition and pageantry of the Big East).

Liam, Liz and I were there. If you'd like to see more about the game, watch CBS this Saturday at 1pm as they do an hour-long special on great high school football rivalries. NFL Films produced it.

Here are some pictures of the little guy all decked out to chear on the Trinity Shamrocks!!


Ran into my parent's neighbor, Margie. Her son, Chris, and I graduated together.


Liam was insistent on sitting in his own seat.






Liam is very adept at cheering "Go Rocks!"


I've read that it's the highest attended regular season high school football game.



In the interest of full disclosure, we got it handed to us this year, 30-6. We'll get 'em in the playoffs. . .

1 comment:

aunt allie said...

Very informative and exciting(??) high school football information Mark....

Liam is such a BIG and HANDSOME boy, not to mention Grady the looker himself. Was he on the field during the Rocks game?

I especially like the joyous look on Grady's face during Liam's big fat kiss attempt.

I cannot wait to see you guys, 3 weeks from today!!

Love you all, Aunt Allie