Monday, March 01, 2010

Commitment

I'm learning that unless I give myself a deadline or make a commitment, nothing gets done around here. There is always so much to do that I can't keep track of things...like this blog. So I'm committing to posting each day this month. That's right. I'll say it again. I'm going to post every day this month.

Just as I am poor with my blogging consistency, I am poor with photos of the children, so don't expect them every day, because that requires me to sit down and upload them. Which leads to time spent organizing them (otherwise they will become a mad mess in My Pictures), and I just don't have time for that these days. We are a busy bunch.

On Mondays we go to music class with our friends at Shine, where I also have started teaching a couple of yoga classes a week. I always love music class, but the kids are a little funny about it. It's at 11, which is tricky for Grady, because he usually naps around noon, so he gets a little cranky. Liam is as tempermental as a teenage girl these days, so I never know what I'm going to get. Today, though, was magical. Thanks to 12 hours of sleep, my 3 year old was engaged, singing, dancing, and tapping to the beat like I've never seen him before. It was lovely.

Grady conked out in the car on the way home, so Liam and I got to have lunch together. It's nice to have one on one time with your kids from time to time. We chatted about music and dinosaurs and then shared the decadence of some Cadbury Mini Eggs. Good times.

No comments: