Saturday, February 26, 2011

among other things

I haven't smoked a cigarette in almost two months, since my birthday extravaganza where I was with my gals...when I can't resist a cigarette. Before that it was numerous months. I used to be a regular ol' chimney, before I had the kids. I'll admit, after Liam I went back to smoking a few cigs a day, but after G, I never found my love for it again. And there's a part of me that's obviously glad about that (my lungs) but another part that's not (my ass). You see, since Grady came into the world, I've had a host of situations that have caused me to gain weight. Some of which can be attributed to my inability to stick to any diet I have tried, but some of which can be blamed on the following:
1) no more smoking . Smoking is bad, it's not glamourous, but it does help you stay thinner.
2) medication. Grady's arrival into this world was a blessing, but it also came with a whole host of issues, including postpartum anxiety and depression, both of which I am still being treated for. I know, he's over 2, but it's still here and I am working on it.
3) I am old. The mid-30's have made a considerable dent in my metabolism, and I'm still reeling from the after-effects.

Is it wrong of me to think that if I just started smoking cigarettes, drinking keg beer and eating cheese fries on a regular basis that I could get back into the jeans I wore in my mid-twenties? I wonder. I really do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If only us Bryan girls could learn to stay away from Mom's vegetable dip and late night wine talks, we might not have to stress about weight.

But I think you're amazing for quitting smoking!! Even though it might be easier in the weight struggle, overall I think you're better off for not doing it. And remember you're not alone!! :)