Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Another item for my resume

Dog Walker. It would fall under the volunteer or community service section rather than employment, but it is a new gig for me. No, we didn't get a dog, although jealousy over my new nephew Bowser led me to think about getting one for about 10 seconds.

Here's the thing. I don't get much time to myself, so I was trying to figure out a way that I could get a walk into my day before Mark leaves for school...at 6:20. Since it's dark, I don't necessarily feel safe walking by myself. Enter a pooch. But I only want to walk the dog in the morning, not take care of it and deal with it's hair all over my house (or it's slobber. I despise dog slobber). So, enter Lucy, my good pals and neighbors' dog. She's high energy and loves walking, and her parents just can't walk her enough. For instance, I walked her Sunday after she had completed a 7 mile run with her mommy and you would have thought she's been sitting on her butt on the couch all day. She's awesome.

And she's my new walking buddy. We spend a half an hour each morning together, and I'm loving it. So far I haven't even had to pick up any poop! It's similar to how Lucy's parents feel about Liam and Grady...they like spending time with them, but love giving them back.

No comments: