Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Bye Bye Birdie

Tonight we came home after picking Mark up from school and I headed upstairs to grab something out of the office. I noticed at the landing that the nightlight that is usually sitting on the window sill had been knocked on the ground. Then I heard a strange noise coming from the office. Olivia, our cat, was sitting on the floor in the office gazing longingly at the window, where there was a bird trapped behind our curtains.

I wish I would have taped the hilarity that ensued as Mark and I attempted to round up the bird. It flew from room to room as we tried to snare it with a blanket. Then we thought better of ourselves and went to a large soup pot. We finally caught it and were able to release it outside.

It was actually a pretty funny situation. But it certainly begs the question...how the f+$k did a bird get in the house?

No comments: