Friday, February 25, 2011

Quiet Mornings

One of my favorite things about my new dog walking career is when I return home to a quiet house. Mark leaves shortly after I get home, and then I have 45 to 60 minutes to just be before the hustle and bustle of the day begins. Having this time makes me feel so much more together, even if I don't do anything productive. But most days, I'm able to fold a load of laundry, unload the dishwasher, or something that makes me feel like I'm on my game. Yesterday I made blueberry muffins. On a weekday! Sure, they were from a mix but I added real blueberries. Grady was stunned when I told him we were having muffins. He literally jumped up and down in his crib and said "blueberry muffins for breakfast! Blueberry muffins! With butter and jam??" Doesn't take much to please that kid.

No comments: