Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Liam graduates to an advanced sleeping arena

Today I took Liam's "rail" off the side of his bed. We've been discussing this for several weeks, ever since we learned that his friend Will was sleeping in a rail-free big boy bed. After much thought, he decided that today, his 4th birthday, would be the best day to liberate him from sleeping in a "little boy bed".

It was fairly routine. Tuesdays I usually wash the sheets so when I took them off the bed, he helped me slide the little legs out from under the mattress, and voila! A real bed. All the while, he's looking at me kind of funny. I ask him if he's okay, is this too soon, too much to handle, etc. And he says that no, he's fine; so I move onto the next room to strip the beds. A few minutes later he follows me in and says, "Mom, I thought you might cry when we took the rails off. Are you handling it okay?"

Seriously. They say the darnedest things.

No comments: