Friday, January 14, 2011

Nope, I'm not clean

I missed yesterday. It's been a rough week, of sorts, but it's been self inflicted. I began a cleanse this week, specifically the Master Cleanse, which involves drinking an elixir of water, lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper multiple times a day to cleanse your colon. Laxative tea is also a big part of this. And did I mention that food is not? Yes, it's true. I haven't eaten solid food since Monday morning.

Why was I attempting this crazy cleanse? I was really looking for a "reset" button of sorts. Like many people, I felt gross after too much holiday eating and drinking, and I'm simply tired of the extra weight I've put on since I've had the kids. Plus, I'd like to have another kid at some point in the future, so I wanted to get rid of some of the excess before I attempt to get pregnant again.

So I started drinking the lemonade on Tuesday afternoon after juicing for 24 hours...Tuesday and Wednesday went fine. And yesterday was okay, too, but the lemon juice started to burn my throat a little bit. This morning, it burned like crazy when I drank it and I started to notice some open sores on my tongue...so I bailed on the cleanse. Part of me feels like a failure for not completing the 10 day process, but I also didn't want to be so stubborn as to continue on when it wasn't good for my health. Plus my dad called this morning and talked me into quitting. He's not a big fan of liquid diets.

So I continue this journey of attempting to lose weight and eat healthier, although I eat pretty healthy (except when I'm in Celina...then it's a free for all, right Ellen?). It's part of my overall goal of focusing more on myself.

Which probably means I shouldn't eat whatever food the kids leave on their plate.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So true. Celina is the WORST place to visit when you're trying to lose weight. I mean, I love drinking bottles (yes, plural) with you and Mom... But even the hummus can't counter what we eat when we're there.

Can't wait to see you in Celina tomorrow! Hahahaha!! (That's not even a joke!).