Sunday, January 23, 2011

Planning

I remember the Fall semester of 2002...Mark was in Germany, I had no kids, but I had just started grad school part-time while working at UK full-time. I wanted to keep myself organized, so I created an Excel spreadsheet that outlined my schedule for the week...work, exercise, class, studying, talking to Mark on the phone, cleaning my house (which took like an hour a week because it was just me living in a one bedroom apartment). I thought that I had SO much to do that I needed to schedule it all. Ha! I had more free time that semester than I've ever had since.

Today I am sitting down with my computer and my planner, trying to fit in client appointments, teaching, going to yoga, trying to get some workouts at the Y, book club, cleaning, laundry, cooking, shopping...and trying to sync this up with Mark's crazy schedule, plus whatever the boys are up/in to this week.

Time is like money. We never thought we had any of either until we had kids and realized that we had SO much money and ridiculous amounts of time. I'm sure that one day this will come full circle and we'll have lots of time when the kids are gone (but still no money, of course!).

No comments: