Sunday, January 02, 2011

Pain in the neck.

Wow. I just had a whirlwind, dreamlike weekend that included two well-orchestrated birthday surprises bringing a bunch of my gals from all over this country to Louisville to celebrate with my friends here. Words can not describe how impressed I am with Mark for planning and executing with such precision...I had no idea. And those of you who know me well know how hard it is to keep anything from me. It has been a wacky weekend!


Before all of the festivities on Friday, Allison and I were trying out my new Jade yoga mat and messing around. I was trying to be a show off and demonstrating head stand when Liam decided it would be a good time to come over and tackle me, causing me to dismount in a very unhealthy way. I felt fine at the time, but on Saturday morning I awoke to a stiffness in my trapezius that continues to radiate down my back and into my arm. After a trip to Urgent Care this morning, I'm now on muscle relaxers, which sound a lot cooler than they actually are. Hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow morning and it will all be better. Until then, I guess I'll be avoiding headstand...


Neck and back pain aside, 2011 is beginning with a bang. I am so blessed with a loving husband, family, kids, and friends. And Liam will be 4 this week, so the fun continues!

No comments: