Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I hate my new phone

Well, it finally happened. After 20 months of drooling, biting, opening, closing and doing Lord knows what else to my phone, Liam finally managed to break it last week. I took it in to see if I could get it fixed, and the people at the AT&T store looked at my lovely phone and had to hold back their laugh at my dinosaur of a flip phone. They told me it would cost more to fix it then to just get a new one, so I started shopping around. We always get our phones at Radio Shack (tip: much better deal than the AT&T store), so I got Mark and I both new phones. He hasn't even switched over to the new one yet, so he doesn't understand when I complain about the new one. I have never done this before, but I seriously think I'm going to return it for something lower tech. You can see from the picture below that my old phone (left) was pretty simple, but the new phone (right) is sleek and weighs close to nothing and it just doesn't seem right to me.


It also uses icons instead of words, which I can't stand. I'm one of those people who has my computer files as a list instead of icons. I despise icons and love words. And the new phone does not have any words. So I think I'm headed back to Radio Shack tomorrow to see if they have a more basic phone for me to purchase. It will probably cost more, which is ridiculous.
Maybe I should get one of those phones marketed toward senior citizens...the Jitterbug.
The bright side of all of this? I now know that I never want an IPhone, which I had been drooling over for the last year. Mark's thrilled.
On a somewhat related note...seeing as I'm clearly technologically slow, does anyone else worry about what life will be like when our toddlers are teens? It freaks me out!

1 comment:

Julie P. said...

well at least when liam is a teen he will be able to teach his old-fashioned mom how to use all the new technology :)