Saturday, September 20, 2008

Nap Skipper

For the last two weeks or so, Liam has been skipping his nap every second or third day. This makes me incredibly nervous for when new baby arrives, as I was becoming accustomed to Liam's three hour afternoon nap. For the most part, he just jabbers to himself with the occasional yell of "Mommy" or "out". Today I let him jabber away for 2 hours, hoping that he'd fall asleep, which he never did. I still got some time to take care of household stuff and put my feet up for a bit, but by 6, he was not much fun, which makes evenings a little dicey in our house.

One theory is that his curtains are not dark enough for his room, so I'm going to take care of that this week with some new, room darkening curtains. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

1 comment:

Julie P. said...

that happens to us from time to time. pablo goes in spurts of not napping. i think it's just a phase they go through, however it could be something like teething. those damn two-year-molars gave us lots of sleep trouble for many, many months. have you tried looking in his mouth? a little motrin before naptime never hurt anyone :)