Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sh*t

It finally happened, and not like I thought it would. Liam repeated a bad word. And it was my bad word, not Mark's, like I'd always envisioned. We came upstairs tonight to get ready for bed and I realized that I had a load of laundry in the wash that I forgot to change earlier, and I said, "sh*t! I've got to change the laundry!" All of a sudden, Liam started saying, "sh*t! sh*t!" over and over again. And we couldn't help but laugh, which just added fuel to the fire. So for the rest of the night, he keeps saying it over and over again. Mark is tickled pink that it was me instead of him.

I wonder if he's going to wake up tomorrow saying, "Mommy! Sh*t, Mommy!"

I think the hardest part of parenting is not laughing at inappropriate times, thus reinforcing behavior you'd rather they'd not repeat.

2 comments:

JVinlove said...

Heehee. That's hilarious. I remember Brady doing that. I have a potty mouth so I taught her to say "naughty mommy" when I say bad words. I've gotten better, but sometimes the bad words still slide out and when they do, immediately a little voice says "naughty mommy".

Katie and Luca said...

Luca said "Damn-it mommy, you're doing it wrong!"
And I don't even use that word. It sounds like a word he got from his grammie. It was quite hilarios cuz he used it in the right context.