Thursday, September 11, 2008

Shopping

Some of you may or may not know that I've become quite the bargain shopper...I've always been a coupon clipper, but I've definitely started taking it to new levels now that I'm a mommy, particularly since I've quit working (outside the home...have to put that in there). I've also become quite adept at shopping consignment, both stores and seasonal sales. I just participated in my first consignment sale as a consignor. Though we are having another boy, we had WAY too many clothes for his first year of life, so I decided to sell some of them. One of the perks of participating in the sale is that you get to shop early, before the general public, which is a good way to grab up great deals! But it is an absolute madhouse...these women are like hawks! It's hilarious. Here's an idea of what the sale looks like (it spans two regulation basketball courts)...



And I couldn't even get everything into the frame of the photo! It's wild. But I got some great deals on clothes for Liam now that he's outgrown all the cute things people got for him as an infant. I'm pleased to report that for $80, I scored 9 pairs of pj's, 9 long sleeve t-shirts, 6 pairs of pants, 2 sweaters, and 2 hooded sweatshirts! And of course, most of them are Gap, Gymboree, etc. that I'd never pay full price for. He's set for the winter. Mark thinks I'm nuts, but I'm super-pumped. I can't wait to see what I make from the sale...I'm hoping to break even, but if I make a profit, you'll definitely hear about it!

2 comments:

Julie P. said...

gotta love a good bargain. i'm all about buying used toys with the exception of baby toys like teethers and stuff like that. you go girl!

JVinlove said...

Wow, Liz! That looks fun. Josh has been teaching me all about bargain shopping too. We're in love with Craig's list for toys!